- There is a level, gravelled parking area for two cars (one under cover) adjacent to the Granary.
- The gravelled Granary forecourt is surrounded by a fence and entered through a gate 920 mm wide. The pathway to the front door is 2.44 m wide, 15.24 m long and slopes downhill. The path then turns and is level gravel 1.3 m wide. There is a variety of lighting both permanent and movement sensitive.
- The door leading to the Granary is 920 mm wide there is one step up of 50 mm. The kitchen/dining room and lounge are all on one level with a flagstone floor. There is a variety of lighting, including pendant ceiling lights, downlighters and lamps. There is a full size electric cooker, fridge/freezer, washing machine, combination microwave oven, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine and aeroccino, DAB radio.
- There are two leather sofas, occasional tables, wood burning stove, underfloor heating (run off an oil combination boiler), rugs, a table and dining chairs. There is a remote control SMART TV with Netflix.
- The staircase to the first floor is carpeted, 790 mm wide and is a double winder with a riser height of 180 mm.
- The landing, bedrooms and ensuites have wood laminate flooring with rugs and radiators.
- The doorways from the landing to the bedrooms are 710 mm wide. The bedrooms have a twin or kingsize double beds with some feather pillows (please advise if allergic) and duvets with 100% cotton covers and sheets.
- The doorways from the bedrooms to the ensuites are 660mm wide. The height of the lavatory is 406 mm. The showers have a step up to enter, corner trays and the sliding doors of the cubicles are 406 mm wide. The shower trays are 851 mm by 710 mm.
- Light switches and power points are at a sensible height.
- There is a comprehensive range of information about the local area and attractions and a fact sheet with telephone numbers for the doctor, hospital, vet etc.
- There is reasonable mobile phone reception.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas. Because pets are allowed in the Granary there is a risk to anyone with allergies to animals.
We hope you enjoy the sounds of the wind in the trees, the wild bird song and the water running in the stream. We have included many scented plants in the gardens and the woods are full of bluebells. We have three dogs and a variety of chickens and ducks who are allowed to roam freely.
- Mainly mown grass and level or gently sloping with a variety of seating.
- The pond garden has a 780 mm gate and has a gently sloping gravelled path with two steps of 110 mm height.
Transport & Location
- Blaenfforest Cottage is approached off a minor road down an unmetalled private drive of ½ mile.
- Carmarthen Railway Station is approximately 16 miles.
- Aberystwyth Railway Station is approximately 36 miles
- Newcastle Emlyn, the nearest town, is approximately 2.2 miles with bus stops, taxis and a range of car parks, shopping facilities and leisure centre with swimming pool.
- Delivery of provisions can be arranged.
- Shop Mobility scheme is available in Aberystwyth, Cardigan, Lampeter and Aberaeron (contact 07815 151341).
The owners live on site and are available to assist whenever possible.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give any additional information required if this statement does not answer all your questions. Please contact us to discuss any particular requirements you may have.